Monday 31 December 2012

New Year 2013 - Poem - New Year has been raped

I: 

Oh! my dear, New Year 2013!
You came? Why late?
Are you well? Are you fine?

New Year 2013:

(cries mildly, sobs, and tells)

I'm okay!

A fatherly, motherly, sisterly, brotherly, friendly and humane feelings occupy my heart! It makes me worry! My eyes are with little tears, heart is full of unknown fears!

I: Why? What happened? What happened?

New Year 2013 cries loudly.

I: Tell me. What happened? (I put my hand on his/her back and rubs it softly). Tell me!

With a big cry, New Year 2013: I am raped! I am raped! my dear Kabi/Poet. I am raped!

I cant talk more! There is a lump on my throat! New Year 2013 keeps on crying and keeps on telling me its stories!

I was raped in Public Buses. I was raped in Airport's immigration!
My own brothers from all countries raped me!
Civil Servants raped me! Police raped me!
I'm battered.I am hurt! I've been victimized!
I feel the pain! Everywhere!
My dear Poet, I feel the pain - everywhere!
Every Parts of my body pains, and they are swollen!
I need a treatment, I need help!
I've suffered emotionally
They robbed everything of me!

They looked innocents but were intoxicated!
I could hear Cheers, and clattering sounds of glasses and bottles!
They were drunk but looked happy!
They raped me till dawn!
Police raped me! and State? It threw some money on my body!
and told me to carry on! But how?


My dear poet, write something - the ill of the society!
My society needs treatment!

I: (I can't speak. The ink in my pen is over!)

I hope next year, I will not have to write Rape Poems!

I close! New Year 2013!

No comments: